Mile To Ride Before Sleep

Mile To Ride Before Sleep

Sunday, March 3, 2013

March Update

I hit the $550 mark last week for fundraising for Bike & Build. I have a long ways to go, but I have a few ideas still to come. Right now, I am doing a fundraiser where you guess how many toothpicks fit in my beard.  The winner will receive a Kindle Fire. My friends helped me with this before I shaved it.

The beard after one year.
Porcupine beard

It's a two step process. You can submit a guess for $1 to donatetomarcus@gmail.com, but submit the donation here: http://bikeandbuild.org/rider/6968

In other news, collegiate racing is back! At Lindsey Wilson, I got 32nd (of 52) in the road race, 5th (of 10) in the team time trial, and 15th (of 40) in the crit. I had two goals: don't get dropped on the first hill in the road race and don't get dropped in the crit. Check. Check. I'll take it for the first race weekend.

This weekend was DePauw. Big news. I got 2nd (of 46) in the road race! Near the finish I couldn't believe that not only was I in contention for the top ten, I could possibly win! We sprinted to the finish and another guy beat me by a couple feet, and I am sure I beat third place by inches. It felt really good. That is my best result in my collegiate career thus far.

After the road race with my teammates

Considering I am doing a little better this year and I am biking across the country again, I am thinking about getting a new bike. I am making myself get my thesis proposal done by spring break to get some motivation. Well, if I follow through with the buy... Right now I am able to trick my mind a bit into thinking I will. I got a lot done on Friday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment