Mile To Ride Before Sleep

Mile To Ride Before Sleep

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Campus Fundraising

Currently, there are three Purdue students participating in Bike and Build this year: Kristina, Kane, and myself. We know each other, and we are excited to do some fundraising together. Kane jokingly asked me on Friday to see if I wanted to go on a bike ride. I didn't realize it was snowing outside, so I asked, "When?" He laughed at me, and I looked outside. But somehow within a few minutes we decided to go for a ride - on trainers. Impromptu fundraising. We would have Kristina with us, but she is on co-op this semester. We set up on campus near Class of '50, and put up a sign and a donation box. Is it legal? Ask Lis Wiehl and Kimberly Guilfoyle. We figured we try it until someone tells us to leave.

I felt like a newsboy yelling headlines. "1.6 billion people live in urban slums globally!" "95 million have housing problems in the United States alone!" People got the message. And they were generous with their time and money as much as college students can. To those who listened and donated, thank you. I hope you follow our progress this summer.

Check out the other Purdue riders' blogs:
Sarun Lorhpipat (Kane)

No comments:

Post a Comment